omy.sg and Shaw are the best!
First of all, this is my first time at Nex and I never quite believed all the hoolabalulah I've been hearing about it being "big". Because I've drove past it before, and it looks pretty normal sized to me. But that's just from the OUTSIDE. Y'know what they say, never judge a book by its cover and in this case, never judge a building by its outside. ...? Does that make sense?
Ok, anyways, that mall is HUGE. However, I'm proud to say that I did not get lost in the crowds, nor did I get carried away by all the pretty pretty shops that were saying "come, come, come".
I followed the signs straight up to the cinema. For today, I was on a mission.
It was packed! Yes, it was, for a weeknight, really! Don't these people have work tomorrow? But well, I guess Singaporeans do play as hard as they work after all!
So, my date was late and I stood around taking photos of myself.
We're greeted at the lounge by smartly uniformed staff, and the lounge itself resembles one of those business class lounges you'll find in airports.
"Waaaaah." It was a spacious screening lounge that held a capacity of only 48 patrons. Talk about exclusive. And seats were widely spaced-out in pairs. Each pair of seats had a little table top in between them and, y'know what, I wouldn't even call them seats, they were like BEDS. I sat in it and I think there was space for another one of me!
Oh yes, speaking of reclining. Have I mentioned that the deluxe leather seat can be reclined? And there's so much legroom! 500mm extra (compared to the regular cinema halls) to be exact!
So, as you hit the recline button, the footrest comes up as well. So nice, it's like sitting first class in a plane. And there were nice, clean, fluffy blankets! Yea, the staff member pointed out to me that the blankets were washed and cleaned after every screening. So that reassurance put my "who-else-has-used-this-blanket" worries aside!
I'm starting to sound like a country bumpkin from Ulu Pandan Road...But guess what? I don't care because I was really THAT impressed!
premiere tickets are priced at $20 (off-peak) and $25 (peak), and 3D movies will be priced at $25 (off-peak) and $30 (peak).
premiere is also available for private bookings and corporate events. (I want to hold my birthday party there!)
premiere Halls Quick Facts!
• First premiere halls with dine-in service in a suburban area
• First digital RealD 3D cinema featured for a Singapore premium hall
• Feature deluxe leather seats
• Pre-screen lounge is exclusive to premiere patrons (with a seating capacity of 28 and standing capacity of 50)
• A selection of Western-Continental delicacies along with classic movie munchies served
• Official opening of premiere slated for 17 February 2011 (yes! I got there before you! teehee~)
• During the soft launch period, there will be two screenings per premiere hall. When officially opened, there will be three to four screenings per hall