1. Do not drive a car in Bali unless you intend on travelling to all tips of the island. Really, use a motorbike, or you'll spend most of your holiday stuck in a jam! Not strawberry flavoured yea. TRAFFIC flavoured. We were lucky to catch a troop of touring Harleys on the way though.
2. If you Are driving, do head up to the mountains. It's worth the winding roads, bumpy tracks and endless fields of rice paddies.
5. Do take a photo with Old Friends!
7. Do watch the dogs. They are so full of character.
8. Do eat lots of good local food and ice-cream!
9. Do stay at the Hard Rock Hotel.