Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reverie In Wonderland Fiore's Autumn/Winter 2011 Collection


I found this in my inbox and I knew immediately that I wanted to go!

This whimsically designed invite certainly caught my attention and seriously, who can say No to SHOES?!?! As much as I love my Nikes, I also love the pretty little things that some call pumps, wedges, and killer heels. I purchase most of my shoes from trips overseas because for one, I don't like common shoes. Can you imagine the horror of bumping into someone wearing... the same pair of shoes as you? Hello, school days are over and even back then I always wanted school shoes different from the rest.


So anyway. Fiore, meaning “Flower” in Italian, epitomises girlish glam and gives the extra touch of glamour. Targeting females in their twenties and thirties, Fiore carries a range of "trendy ballet pumps, sandals and kitten-heels, to platforms, wedges and stilettos". I had a field day seeing each model step out in each gorgeous design. I kept telling myself "oh, that one's nice. oh, that one's nice too. oh, and that one, and that one..."

I then started to wonder if they were comfortable. I mean, pretty shoes are pretty, but they've got to be comfy. There are times where I actually choose to skip the heels because I'm just not up for sore feet that day. But Fiore believes in using superior raw material such as calf and lamb leather in the creation process and focuses on the details such comfortable lining and non-slip soles.

“We understand that the modern woman has many faces - she demands stylish and chic footwear that will take her through numerous settings, from her day at work to her night out around town,” said Evelyn Chua, Marketing Manager, Fiore.

Well-said Evelyn!

As the Business Development & Marketing Manager of Newstead Technologies, Evelyn is responsible for the corporate branding and marketing development of Newstead Technologies and its subsidiaries. She oversees the footwear and fashion accessories label Fiore and the Apple reseller business under the Nubox brand.
Which is why we recieved tons of really fun stuff in the goodie bag, like X-mini speakers, DISCOUNT coupons off Fiore shoes, etc. etc. (I love my job.)


Ok, 'nuff said. Let's talk about the collection. Luscious, wicked and sweet all at once, Fiore’s Autumn/Winter 2011 collection is inspired by the colours and unlimited possibilities of a Wonderland. Themed “Reverie in Wonderland”, the collection of skyscraper heels, saccharin ballet pumps and colourful wedges takes one on an enchanted journey.

Local fashion stylist Jerome Awasthi certainly did a very good job!

I like that they use local designers. I think that they are the ones who are able to best understand the needs and wants of local women. As we all know, our weather is only perfect for one season. So how do we incorporate the other seasons, but not die of heat at the same time??
Got any answers? Well, if you think shoe designing is your thing, Fiore will be having a COMPETITION with AWESOME PRIZES to be WON! A strong supporter of local talent, Fiore has created a platform for aspiring student designers to showcase and see their designs come into a reality. Fiore’s first shoe design competition, “The Big Sketch, Fiore Talent Showcase” themed “Footwear Collection 2012”, is open to all full-time students from participating design schools including First Media Design School, Lasalle College of the Arts and Raffles Design Institute. The competition will run from August 1 to September 30, 2011 and results will be announced in the fourth quarter of 2011. The top two winning designs will be produced and sold at Fiore outlets.

“As a home-grown label, we want to contribute to the development of a vibrant fashion industry in Singapore.  We are committed to the idea that budding designers need to understand the fundamentals of running a successful fashion business and that they can turn creative ideas into commercially viable products,” Evelyn added.

Well, I certainly can't wait to see more from FIORE! FLOWER ME AWAY!!!

Fiore’s Autumn/Winter collection is available from now till September 2011 at all Fiore’s outlets - Centrepoint #03-40/40A, Junction 8 #01-42, Jurong Point #01-01, Marina Bay Link Mall #B2-26, nex Mall #02-22/23 and Northpoint #02-14/15.

No comments: