Tuesday, September 1, 2015

KFC's Battle of The Wings

Choose a side, warriors, and may the odds be ever in your flavour!

Uh, I mean, favour. 


KFC's latest Battle of The Wings rides on the has-been-here-and-will-go-on-forever J-pop and K-pop waves.

See, for some reason, the pop culture in Japan and Korea has always been the leaders of the pack here in Singapore. Maybe it's the incredibly good-looking guys and girls, the daring styles, or maybe just their really good food.

Whatever the case, KFC has taken up the challenge and produced two of the latest flavours, Umadare and Yang Yeum, heavily inspired by the two pop powerhouses in Asia. I've never been a very adventurous food consumer, but with the really good deal KFC was having, why not? 


I ordered BOTH flavours and I'm glad I decided to try. 

The MAIN PROBLEM IS, both flavours looked kinda the same and I couldn't figure out which is which. One bite into each, though, and the answer was clear. One was tangy, yet savory and the other was kinda sweet and spicy. There was a burst of so many different flavours in my mouth, I felt like I was in love all over again.

So, if you ask me, which team I'd choose to be on, #kfcoishii or #kfcmashisoyo ?

I'd say... BOTH!!! 

No comments: