Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New York, I Love You

So I just got around to watching this movie and it totally wasn't what I expected! It was more, and it was nice!

In all those little scenes, Orlando Bloom and Shia LaBeouf became heros in my books. And though I've never been a fan of Natalie Portman, I have to say that she really did catch me unaware in that one.

I also caught The Gang last night. It was the opening premiere, and it was SO crowded. Anyhoos, in case you're wondering, The Gang is a locally produced film by Kelvin Sng. It's a 30-minute one so you can call it a 'long short film' or a 'short feature film'. Heehee, ok now I'm just trying to be clever.

So anyway, my take on it is that the film was really disturbing. It's not a bad thing because I think the director's idea was to affect the audience in some way or another and it sure as hell affected me!

I couldn't watch it. There was this part where the gang leader puts his girl (as a punishment for cheating on him) in a wire mesh cage, grabs the cage, swings it around, and throws her on the floor!!!!!!

Ohmigawd. Now that I've just replayed that scene in my head AGAIN, I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!

Ack.

P.S: If you thought that the NEmation ad with the voice that said "Everyone has their reason to care, what's yours?" sounds familiar, it is because...that's ME!

No comments: