Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And things always turn out right.

I was at Ikea yesterday, supposed to meet Nikki for dinner, and buy that chair which I saw in the 'as-is' department. But I was so depressed to get there and see that the chair was gone! Y'know, I even mentally prepared myself for it!!
Guess no amount of mental preparation is ever enough for things like that.
Which brings me to think, do I often get myself too affected by 'the little things'? I don't know. It just suddenly hit me. I mean, it's hit me before, and it hits me pretty often, but it's hitting me right now, at this point of time. Like how it totally bothers me when somebody has a collar turned in, or how I can't bear to sell Skippy because he's my first bike and I don't want to hurt his feelings, or how I will not settle for that blue shirt which is exactly the same as the original blue shirt except that the original blue shirt was given to me by some primary school friend that I can't even remember the name of anymore but that's not the point, it's still different! ... Get the picture?

Guess we all have our weaknesses.

Anyway, Nikki moved me to bits last night. She presented me with the most awesome gift ever! A ring, that reminds her of ME, and reminds me of me too! It's b...*ok I can't say it, that would make me narcissistic.
So it's this diamond-ish shaped thingie, more awesome than any solitaire that walks this earth and if you look in it, it's blue and pink and gold and green and any other colour you can think of.*sigh* I love it.


And it was because of this and Nikki that I smiled all the way home, and will remember that despite all the horrible people that walk this planet, there are always those (and I'm sure they're a majority) that truly are GEMS.

No comments: