Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Cat Who Thinks She's a Dog

Does anyone remember the cat from "the cat in the washing machine" post?

Well, this hasn't happened yet, and I truly do hope her owner is able to make a good and right decision about this.

He will be leaving Singapore for 6 months, and whether or not he comes back after that is still indefinite. When I asked him what he plans to do about her, well, he said he'll send her to the SPCA. I told him that if she goes into the SPCA and after a period of time, nobody adopts her, she will be put to sleep. Now, I don't know if he meant it when he said this (and I certainly hope he didn't), but the words that came out of his mouth was: "no choice."

Thus, I am putting this up for notice here. So that if and when he decides that this cat, who has been through so much with him, is no longer worth his time, there may be some kind soul out here who is willing to take over the ownership of this Very Adorable, Clever and Endearing feline.

I'm not one that's very into cats but I must say that this girl is really nice. I always say that she's a cat who thinks she's a dog, and maybe that's why I like her so much. I would love to take her in, but sadly, the cattiest side of her comes out when Richie is around and because they're about the same size, I am sure both parties stand to lose if they decide to get into a fight.

So, keep your eyes and ears perked up for more information about the future of this cat towards the end of December. Or if you think that you could definitely make a place in your home for her, drop me an email or something so that when he finally decides, I won't have to go into a frenzy looking for a new owner for her.

Bao is a female, sterile local cat.

No comments: