Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ALIVE Museum; Singapore

WARNING: This is a photo-heavy post. Proceed with caution.

So, Chun and I visited ALIVE Museum Singapore over the National Day weekend, all ready to do some heavy-duty posing as part of our national duties. We chanced upon the ALIVE Museum in Insa-dong, Seoul when we were there in October, but because we were rushing to catch our flight in the evening, didn't manage to make time to go in. It's been on my mind ever since. Well, sort of. 

 So, what exactly is ALIVE Museum? I'm sure you would've seen many of your friend's posts on various social media platforms where they are part of an interesting surreal piece of art. 3D art, to be specific. Well, ALIVE Museum Singapore is a collection of over 80 masterpieces, 9 of which are locally themed and unique to Singapore. It consists of Trick Art, Digital Art, Object Art, Experimental Art, and a Dark Room, which is to be released soon. This 3D illusionary museum offers a sensory experience that tricks one's visual, physical and environmental perceptions, bringing fantasy to reality using these different art forms, and if you are one who loves taking head-turning photos, then this is definitely the place for you!

Check out our photos!

Chun having a very serious discussion with Steve Jobs.

Me having a very serious discussion with ... this guy.

Chun attempting to undress the woman of his dreams. (Only to find she's got no body!)

Me attempting to appear as the woman of his dreams. (At least I've got arms and legs! And wings!)

Nah, nothing much, just hanging out with my BFF with our heads between our legs.

Gramppa, why is your tooth so difficult to pluck out?!

To be executed by helium balloons. OH, BUT WAIT!

LEMME FILL IN THE BLANKS FIRST.

Before I die, I WANT TO LIVE. (Oh so wise. I think I've got the cleverest answer there!)

Chun's failed attempt at jump shots.
Either he really sucks at jumping, or I really suck at taking jumping photos.
Because I was recovering from a recent road accident, I couldn't do any of the fun stuff like jumping and some of the high difficulty poses that I would've loved to do. But that didn't stop me from posing my best anyways. And because we're both fiercely competitive individuals, we had to keep one-upping each other with nicer poses at every art piece. In the next few photos, tell me, 

WHO DID IT BETTER?

My AWESOME pose. Hair-flying and all.
His ... pose.
"Oh, Ellie, did you just touch me?" - Joanne
"Ooh! Again, again, again!!!" - Chun
 Ok, I have to admit, I was rolling over with laughter at this photo. The expression is hilarious. I mean, the expression of the giraffe in the background. (Not Chun, nope, Chun's not funny at all.) Heh.

At this point of time I think the key is to have fun and really go nuts with the posing. When we first got in, we couldn't seem to get the effect we wanted. I think it was possibly because my camera was catching too much detail and it just didn't look quite as realistic as I assumed it would. Chun, however, got some great photos on his iPhone. So you don't have to bring along a great camera and lighting equipment and all that to get some good, fun photos. Just your regular phone camera will do the job! Oh, and a good spirit of spontaneity and your sense of humour, of course.

Second thing to note is that there are Pose Point and Photo Point icons on the floor which would help you to maximise the art piece and get the nicest possible photo. Pose Point, of course, is where you stand and pose, and Photo Point, is the angle at which you take the photo from. 
Just in case you can't find it, THIS is what it looks like.
Some of our fellow museum-goers were VERY SERIOUS about getting good photos. To be honest, I was starting to feel slightly stressed. Luckily I had great company and we had a great dose of fun not just taking photos, but exercising our facial muscles with ridiculous expressions.

WHY SO SERIOUS?

 "I couldn't decide if I wanted the right pole or the left pole." - Chun


And because they were about to close, one of their managers came over and offered to help us take photos at all the couple art pieces. So nice of him. He got us some of the best photos of the night.

Up, up and away! 

No birds were harmed in the taking of this photo.

  And presenting...
 
MY FAVOURITE PHOTO.

*Cue 流星雨 song*

ALIVE Museum Singapore is at Suntec City Mall #03-372 (Between Towers 3 & 4)

Opening Hours: 10am - 10pm

Ticket Prices: $25 (Adults), $20 (Children 3 - 12 years)

Current Promotions: Like ALIVE Museum on Facebook and get a FREE meal at Burger King Suntec with purchase of a full-priced ticket.