Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh My! Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

I was typing this post just now and my computer crashed and everything I TYPED just now is now All Gone!!!

So I have to rewrite everything. ...

Here goes:

Courtesy of omy.sg, I got to watch the World Premiere of Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps last night. Yes, for once, I get to watch a movie Before EVERYONE ELSE! Yippeeee!

So how was it?

1. Carey Mulligan
I've never had the chance to watch her in a movie before, but I thought she did great in this one, and definitely will be on my list of must-watchers in the future!

2. Story
I don't know nothing about bulls and bears and stocks and making money from borrowed money in something they call investment, so there was alot of lingo which I didn't quite get. But the story of the lives of these characters, their struggles, and their triumphs, that I got, and I believe that these characters are very real and very relevant. Most importantly, there definitely are some lessons to be learnt in this movie, so it really is worth a watch.

3. Bikes
Nice scenery. It'll be nice to take a ride there too...

4. Bet you didn't know...
The movie is actually a sequel to the 1987 film Wall Street, and the first sequel Stone has directed. Michael Douglas reprises his role as Gordon Gekko, with which he won an Oscar back in 1987.

5. Outstanding Actors
The cast consists of a horde of veteran actors and obviously, the really good acting adds tons of plus points to the show. I believe that Shia Labeouf was given a great opportunity to really show off his acting chops in this one, and he did well. I came out of the cinema thinking "man, if only I could act like that!" *sigh*

Final Notes
There are tons of movies about disasters, and aliens taking over the world, and zombies and superheroes. But this one, there was none of that. Only man. Maybe this is what makes it relevant, real, and easily indentifiable with. Watch it! You may even find yourself in there.

No comments: