Friday, August 7, 2009

Oops, I did it again!

I forgot to post.

Yesterday was 'let's get stoned' day. The weather was SOOOO HOT THAT I BECAME STUPID.

I was supposed to go for an audition after class right, but then... I Totally Forgot, and Went Straight Home.

I was so happy when I got back, peeled off the sweaty gear and then... the phone rings.

"Hi, Joanne? Just want to make sure that you're on your way to the audition?"

"Huh? What audi...OH SHI....PS... AND BOATS...!"

"..."

"I'm on my way. Will be there in twenty minutes!"

So then I rush all the way there, auditioned in a fluster, and I think she liked me until...

"So, Joanne, can you sing?"

*insert shocker sound effect*

"Well...I can sing, but not particularly... ... well."

"Great! Go ahead and sing this verse here!"

"Really?...um... to you?"

"Yea!"

*Joanne stares down at the sheet. Joanne takes a deep breath*

"You're just too good to be true...."

"Louder please"

"CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU (the sheet of paper)
YOU FEEL LIKE HEAVEN TO TOUCH..."

And then, at the end of the whole verse, I look up for the first time.

"OK. THANK YOU! Well, That's All. We'll Call You."

And at that point, I told myself for the gazillionth time, "Jo, you need voice classes".

No comments: